"A product to make awareness of safeguarding easy and affordable. Free quizzes allow learning for all."
- A number of free quizzes are available and updated regularly to reflect the latest changes in safeguarding.
- Use 10 to 15 minute quizzes to gauge your staff understanding and knowledge of the latest 'Keeping Children Safe in Education' document and general safeguarding regulations. Quizzes are completed using a downloadable app.
- Quizzes have been written to suit different staff including administration, teachers, support staff and leaders. New teachers and students are also catered for.
- After each question and answer, there is a paragraph explaining the answer or detailing further reading or information.
- How well do your governors know their obligations within safeguarding? Try the quiz for governors.
- Are office leaders and business managers up to date with recruitment requirements? Use the enhanced quiz.
- How well do you know the changes due to the 2019 Keeping Children Safe in Education? Use the 2018 and 2019 free quiz for staff, plus an in depth leaders quiz.
- Are you aware of the increased emphasis on online safety as a result of a new 2019 guidance document? Try the two online safety quizzes.
- As a student, a newly or recently qualified teacher, try the general knowledge quiz or the acronym challenge.
- Review the analytical tool to identify the most correctly answered questions or the worst! Have scores improved to show the impact of your training?
Do you know safer recruitment guidance?
What do you do if you have concerns?
Can you employ a teacher with a paper driving licence or do you need further identification checks?
Do teaching qualifications from Australia count as qualified status? What about America?
If you are not sure, the admin staff basic and enhanced quizzes will help....
Are you aware of the 2018 and 2019 changes in safeguarding requirements?
The Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 indicated that new staff are to be inducted. This means staff must read the staff code of conduct, safeguarding policy, KCSIE part 1 and which other newly identified document?
If you are not sure, the new 2018 and 2019 changes quiz will give you peace of mind
Which charity should have their telephone number advertised in your policies, in order for staff to whistleblow externally?
Which policies should be available to staff?
The quizzes for leaders will help clarify the answer.
What are governors' responsibilities?
Governors are responsible for checking what in terms of safeguarding?
What should governors use as a point of reference if they review the Single Central Record?
Should all Governors be DBS enhanced checked?
If you are not sure, the quiz on governance will give hints to point you in the right place.
How will the quizzes help you?
The quizzes are all based on current information from the latest issues of the Keeping Children Safe in Education and Working Together to Safeguard Children. Other information has been used from the DFE websites on safer recruitment.
Some questions will involve reading of a certain page of a document, but this will be shared with you via the 'hint' clue if you do not know the answer.
Some questions are to provoke discussion about information. The answer might appear straightforward, but there is always additional information then shared after you answer to reinforce the message or further provide reference material.
Quizzes contain contextual information and explanation after a question has been answered. This is to help develop the understanding of safeguarding for staff, governors and leaders.
The goal of the quizzes is to confirm and extend your knowledge through questions that are relevant to the different staff taking the quiz.
Whether working in the office, support staff, teachers, leader or governors, there are simple brief quizzes aimed for you.
Quizzes take no more than ten to fifteen minutes, although you could do additional reading if you choose, as some questions reference particular pages or websites for key discussion points.